Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Inspecting assembled parts on car bumper line

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamster88

Automotive
May 10, 2015
GB
Hi one of my jobs is to inspect assembled parts on a car bumper assembly line. I just check the tabs for grills are properly located and screws arent missing. Are there any tips as sometimes I seem to let certain missing screws pass me even though they aren't part of my inspection process as there is another guy after me who inspects this but I get the ear ache if I miss them too.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If it ain't your job then how can you get ear ache?

If my new car pitches up missing clips or screws I now know who to blame......[noevil]

they asked me to check it too from now on as were always missing, but as I developed a rhythm of checking my own official items I kept missing the new items. Hope that makes sense.

Do you have a written process you follow, a checklist or some such? If so then add the extra screws.

If not maybe create one to use temporarily until you get the new rhythm?

Posting guidelines faq731-376 (probably not aimed specifically at you)
What is Engineering anyway: faq1088-1484

The quality engineer needs to update your control plan. For all I know that may be you but it has to be officially documented through your internal process. Nothing will make an auditors head spin faster than having your own secret checklist!

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back