Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inspection procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offsite

Materials
Feb 12, 2003
AE
We have a tubes manufactured since 3 and 5 years, I want to know wich inspection procedure can we use for inspection of these tubes?

Regards.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear offsite

Please be specific. What is the Tube specification and grade? What is the intended service?

From the sketch information provided by you it appears that you are picking up some stock material for your new project.

Does the material have the traceability. Does Certificate and marking co relate. If so then you may resort to check alalysis of Physical and chemical properties (This is for your satisfaction).

If you do not have any back up document that i would resort to PMI to sort the grades and then decide based of the use.

For example if you are going to use it for hand rails in a structurer why bother about the Hydro test.

If your intention is to resell then your approach shall be more severe.

Good Luck
B.Moorthy
moorthykar@yahoo.com

i think u r looking for a traceability inspection procedure. If yes, check chemical to identify the material - PMI will do this or a spectro analysis. then do mechanical test against that grade. u can conclude finally by checking the dimension and ofcourse hydro depends on the type of use and material
krishn1a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back