Inspection Test Plan (ITP) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK01

Mechanical
Aug 19, 2009
IE
Hi,

Does anyone know where i might get a generic ITP, to submitt to customers. This is for Oil & Gas products, mainly chokes/valves.Some customers refer to this as a Quality Plan, which causes confusion. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If a vendor submitted a "generic" inspection and test plan or quality plan to me we'd be there the next day doing a full-out quality audit. Unless the generic plan was actually decent and customer-centric; in which case your senior management might get annoyed when we started holding you accountable to it.

Hi MintJulep.

Thanks for your reply. Apologies for the confusion, yes the generic ITP's are decent, and reference all applicable standards (API in this case), requirements, HOLD, WITNESS, MONITOR points etc.... I know all companies use their own formats, and their customers require various inspection interventions, etc... I suppose my Q is, if there is a standard ITP that one can use.

The company quality assurance system should detail how to prepare a quality plan. I agree that use of the terms 'ITP' and 'quality plan' is confusing but 'ITP' is not defined in quality vocabulary standards and is not used in ISO 29001. An ITP is a 'lazy' quality plan and misses out application of the complete quality system to focus only on inspection and test. There is a standard for quality plans in ISO 10005 but not for ITPs.

Steve Jones
Materials & Corrosion Engineer

I think an ITP or specifically quality plan is like a responsibility distribution sheet where you will see who does what. In most cases, it is to avoid confusion and over jurisdiction on some steps or procedures. Just my understanding.

James Chan
FBV Inc.
Engineered Solutions

Hi
ITP is related to each vendor shop and every vendor should generate an ITP based on its quality station which are thier shops.
but some items on ITP are general like:
1- WPS+PQR
2- welder test
3- fit up check
4- visual check
5- NDT check and extent.
6- Final test and dimentional control
7- FAT ( factory acceptance test)
8- release for shipment and certificates.
regards

I will be highly greatful if one of you can tell me about the latest inspection techniques used in Aboveground tanks for roundness and plumbless.

Is it possible to carry out an internal settlement survey instead of an external settlement survey? Which Tank mechanical condition would encourage me to perform one of them?

Thank you Gents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back