Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Inspection tool calibration methods 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

surrf

Mechanical
Jun 22, 2005
US
I am currently implementing ISO 9001/2000. I am looking for standard calibration methods for micrometers, calipers and various other hand tools. Can anyone guide me to a website with this information please?
Thank you,
Jeff.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would check here first:
I am in the same boat as you, we are currently implementing our QMS. For our in-house calibrations I created seperate forms for Mics and Calipers and on the form is the procedure for calibrating. We wrote our own to assure that we properly comply. The most important part of the procedures is that your method of calibrating is traceable to a standard, meaning your gauge block that you calibrate with must have a cert that says traceable to NIST (or another international std.). Write what you do and have a traceable cert, that should be sufficient enough.

Here is the site I frequent most for my ISO questions. If you have not visited this site yet you should, there is a ton of good questions and advice.:

Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. And scratch where it itches.

I work for a clibration lab. we are iso 17025 accredited thru A2LA. As far as procedures go, use the mil std. 120 to help you get a proper method for calibrating all hand tools. as far as traceability, save yourself alot of time and work by getting yourself some software for this process. I hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back