Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inspector

Status
Not open for further replies.

791Medley

Civil/Environmental
Nov 19, 2013
US
I would like to become a registered inspector. I work for a manufacturer of pressure vessels. I have looked in CFR 49 Section 180 and all I can find is verbiage for owners of the equipment or the employee of the owner. I know that there is a classroom course that needs to be taken. I am struggling to find anywhere that one is being held as well. Any help, direction and/or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The place to go is and select "Training"

All classroom courses are taught in Columbus, OH. There are online options as well.

If you wish to become a "Certified Individual" it is possible while retaining your position at a manufacturer. In order to become an "Authorized Inspector" you must be employed by either an inspection or regulatory body. This is outlined in NB-263 RG-2.2.1.

"... you must be employed by either an inspection or..." meaning an insurance company such as Hartford Steam Boiler, Travelers Insurance Company and others involved in Boiler and Pressure Vessels inspections.

What I am wanting is to be able to sign the COCs, HM-183s and Aunnal Inspection Forms.

Thee is a ton of information on HM-183 inspection on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back