Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

install compiler C++ for PRO/MECHANICA motion

Status
Not open for further replies.

enperigord

Industrial
Oct 26, 2001
FR
Hi,
I now Pro/mechanica motion(release wildfire) require a compiler C++ to run analisys.But i dont now the good compiler can work(borland,microsoft,etc),and i don't now how to install it.
If you can explain to me,i'm waiting yours tips.
Best regards.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

enperigord,

If you are a maintenance paying customer, a great source of information is the PTC "Knowledge Base". Look under the Support Tools heading on:

There were 8 results from searching using the key word "compiler". Perhaps one of these will answer your question.

You should know that PTC is phasing out support of Pro/MECHANICA Motion as a stand-alone product. They have been moving much of the functionality over to modules integrated into Pro/ENGINEER. Mechanism connectivity and analysis can be added to Pro/ENGINEER assemblies by using functionality with the Mechanism Design Extension (MDX) module that is included as a part of Pro/ENGINEER foundation. More advanced analysis can be conducted with the Pro/ENGINEER Mechanism Dynamics Option (MDO) module (
What is it you are trying to model/analyze?

The link to the Knowledge Base is in the FAQ Pro/MECHANICA internet resources (faq828-702).

Best regards,

Matthew Ian Loew
"Luck is the residue of design."
Branch Rickey

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips Fora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back