Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installation of Numpy with the abaqus python 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyseducer

Materials
Apr 9, 2006
DE
Dear ABAQUS Users,

I would like to install some libraries to make some mathematical operations ( for example on matrices) for the postprocessing of my odb datas.
I'm quite a bit lost how to install for example the numpy libraries on my computer (working on windows).
Did anyone has already installed new python libraries? And if yes is there any references on the net that can help me to fix that problem?

Thank you for your help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Depends which version of ABAQUS you are running...
Search the ABAQUS online help system - it has a full step by step description.

Essentially, you can install a python distribution from Enthought, or Activestate that inculdes many libraries (including numpy, scipy, PIL, matplotlib etc etc). Install this in c:\Python23 (or Python24 if you are using ABAQUS V6.7). When you are satisfied that this works, add the following to your PYTHONPATH environment variable:
c:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\

But you should check the online help for other notes/tips/pointers.

Thank you Brep for your help.

I'm running on 6.7 and with the tips you gave me I was able to install the "numpy" and make it work. Nevertheless, I would try to install the all libraries with the activestate or Enthought distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back