Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation process 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegus

Aerospace
Mar 18, 2015
MX
Good day,

I wonder if there is any tool on NX that help us to visualize how a part can be installed in the desired position considering the clearance of the surroundings components. An easy example, I want to place a sofa inside a room, is there any tool in NX that iterates to find the adequate position in which the sofa will clear the door?

Regards!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think the following addon is what you are after:

NX Assembly Path Planning [NX30128]
Description:
NX Assembly Path PlanningExtraction Path automatically determines the optimum, interference-free path for extracting a component from an assembly. NX users may take advantage of this functionality in cases where the extraction path is not obvious or requires complex user interaction to define. The resulting path is stored as a set of steps within an assembly sequence. The extraction path can streamline serviceability studies by verifying component access without requiring a physical prototype or extensive analysis.Motion Envelope generates faceted volumes which take into account the motion of selected components defined in an assembly sequence or the motion simulation application. These volumes may then be used to represent design avoidance zones such as a part’s motion or maintenance access keep out zones within which other components should not be located. The resulting faceted bodies may be stored in the assembly or a separate part file.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX3 to NX10 with almost every MR (29versions)

Thanks for the response Anthony!,

I found this tool in NX8.5 as Extraction Path, am I using the correct one?

While Trying to specify all the details, It requests to specify which component I want to extract, the Path parameters (Step size and Clearance), start and Goal position. But I am having problem to specify the Start position, because it states that is "too close".

The assembly that I am trying to represent is the path to take out a clamp, as the start position is when it is installed (Touching the flange), and then the goal position is when is outside the pipe line (Which I don't have any problem to specify it). Is there something that I am missing? or why the status of the start position continues as "Too close"?

Thanks in advance!

Extraction Path is the correct tool.

"Too Close" message is displayed when the component you are trying to move is in face-to-face contact with another component or even interfering with another component. In this situation you can try to use the "Find Valid Position Automatically" which usually doesn't create too good result. I would use the Specify Position tool and move the component a bit away from the start position so that it's not in contact to anything. After that the path can be generated.

In your situation move the clamp a bit away from the flange with the Specify Position tool in Start Position section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back