Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installing autocad 2000 to windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulleve

Materials
Jan 16, 2003
US
How do I install autocad 2000 to windows xp home edition without having to purchase the professional xp edition?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Microsoft windows xp home edition does not allow autocad 2000 to be installed. Autocad 2000 can only be installed on the xp professional edition. Is there an alternative other then installing the professional eddition?

Paul Leveille

Paul,

I have AutoCad LT 2000 running on several of my customers Windows XP Home Edition, and since the LT 20000 version preceeded AutoCad 2000 to the market, I cannot say why there would be a problem, but I can try out this combination when I get to my demo systems and see if I can duplicate your situation.

Have you tried using the compatibility feature for the Autocad installer file. You can try activating Win2k compatibility for the installer file (or any earlier version of windows for that matter).

Hi Paul,

I did not have any trouble installing AutoCad Full Version to the Windows XP Home edition. For whatever reason, I did not have to alter or invoke the compatibility functions.

What I did find was that the program did a lot of disk thrashing with the Home Edition, but I reset the paging file for another partition, and increased it by 25% and no more problems.

Although this is an old thread, I have been running AutoCAD on Windows 2000 with no problems, now I am trying to install it on Windows XP SP2. I am getting a compatibility error. Is there a way around this? I am going on an extended trip and need my drawings. Otherwise I will trash XP and install 2000.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back