Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Documentation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinesagra

Computer
Jul 10, 2003
US
I have a problem installing CATIA V5R11 Documentation (4Cds). I have XP with CATIA V5R11 and I did uninstall the Documentation. I did try to Install it again but my system freeze in the second CD. I did restart my computer and I did erase the whole folder from c://program files/Dassault Systemes/B11Doc because my system do not let me do it by control panel or documentation directory.

I did reinstall the 4Cds but I'm traying to check my Help files and I has only have the information of my first Cd (Infrastructure).

I did Unnistall suscefully the documentation from control panel(no problems at all) and did I did install the 4 cds(no problems at all) for my thirt time after I clean the register (regedit) but same problem, I have only the information of my first CD.

This means I am not installing the Cds# 2-3-4 Why? Maybe because I never uninstall the mystake in the first place.

Somebody have any sugestions?

Thank you.

Luis Sagra

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Luis,
Try this:
1-check from windows explorer to see if your CD's have a folder "online"; if yes then go to the next steps:
2-Create inside "Dassault..." folder one separate folder for the whole documentation (let's say "Doc")
3-Create inside this last folder (say "Doc") separate folders for each one of the documentation CD's (let's say "Doc 1","Doc 2", etc.)
4-Copy the "COMPLETE" content of each "online" folders from each CD to its irrespective folder (say "Doc X")
5-Create shortcuts for each one of the CD folders (say Doc X") pointing to the "Catia_default.htm" file

I hope this is of help.
Sincerely,
Mircea

I had a similar problem. If you have enough hard drive space, you can copy each CD to a temporary folder on the hard drive and install the help from the first folder. Every time it asks for a new CD, point it to a different folder.

Hi Mircea and Morexys,

I did create a documentation folder in my Hard Drive pointing it to my "Catia_default.htm". It is working perfect.

Thank you very much.

Somebody have ideas about the hidden documentation directory to uninstall it correctly?

Luis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back