Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Instruction for managing new Thread Notifications and Accessing your watched forums 6

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 12, 2007
CA
To manage notifications for your watched forums:

- Unwatch forums that you do not want to receive notfications and/or
- Disable email notifications for forums you want to continue watching but do not want emails

To manage your watched forums and notifications go here: https://www.eng-tips.com/watched/forums

Forums with New activity will be marked.

d

All forums marked with "Emails" Will generate an email notification on new threads.

d

To disable email notifications for a forum check the box and by the forum, scroll to the bottom and select disable email notifications. If you want to unwatch a forum select the unwatch forum.

fghfgh

Additionally, forums marked with Alerts will show in the bell icon

fgh

General Notification Management

Select your account icon and then preferences

https://www.eng-tips.com/account/preferences

Here you can control the summary emails as well what shows in the alerts area of the site.

asasas

What a complete disaster.

Congrats, you have made the site unusable. The new and modern thread/subthread/subthread X Matrixed layout makes this a maze with no flow, no good visibility, and requires a complete remapping in order to rejoin.

What a loss.

maze with no flow, no good visibility, and requires a complete remapping in order to rejoin.

Exactly. The side bar showing all my followed forums, each bolded when updated, was perfect. It was 1 click to get to new posts. Now I have to click 3 times, and cannot view a post while doing so — It's a new page each time, which adds 3 loading screens (which are also slower now, at least on my end). Also, every CSS element/panel is bigger now, so information is far too spread out, and half the page is white space, leading to way too much scrolling...

I used to be able to jump around with ease. I could browse forums for disciplines I know nothing about and pick up pearls of wisdom here and there. Now it all feels disjointed and there's so much friction I will end up only monitoring forums for my core interests...

Hopefully people stick to the site, it has been invaluable for this early career of mine. It was a matter of time that there would be modernization, but this feels sloppy and I fear the veterans who posted rarely but impactfully will drop the site altogether.

Not thrilled about all of a sudden getting a ton of emails for "watched forums". I don't remember watching anything. I get more than enough garbage email during election season in the US, I certainly don't need you all adding to it.

• Admin
Not thrilled about all of a sudden getting a ton of emails for "watched forums". I don't remember watching anything. I get more than enough garbage email during election season in the US, I certainly don't need you all adding to it.
Hi,

The old platform would automatically subscribe you to forums just by visiting them. This one does not. However, the old subscriptions were brought over as there was no way to tell what you actually wanted to follow. Please follow the instructions at the top of the thread to adjust what you follow.

Back