Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insuldeck Roofing

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCW

Structural
Feb 12, 2004
US
Does anyone have information on a product called Insuldeck? It was used on a roof built around 1981. A web search shows that there are two current companies selling a product by that name, but neither one matchs the product used on my project. The Insuldeck used on this project appears to be a type of insulated metal panel protected by a layer of drywall. It has some structural stength because it spans between bar joists (5'-0" o.c.) and supports a ballasted roof. I would like a better description of the product and an approximate weight. I have been told that the manufacture is out of business.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What you described sounds like a product produced by Loadmaster. They had an insulated system in that time frame that was exactly as described....but I don't recall what it was called at that time. Now it has a different name, but Loadmaster went through tough times and "reinvented" itself in the late 90's.

Check their website...the materials are pretty much the same as back then so you can get an idea of the properties....

loadmaster.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back