Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Integration of Acceleration to Displacment

Status
Not open for further replies.

vib

Mechanical
Sep 10, 2002
US
This is one of the projects assigned to me by my senior and I gotta solve it. He has collected acceleration readings of a vibrating body every 1/409th of a second. He wants me to integrate this to give corresponding displacement values at each time instance.

Please let me know of a way to achieve this.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

How long is the data series?

I've tried this type of analysis and have gotten odd results in the past, but the general theory should be that you can integrate each successive time step to get the velocity and then integrate again to get the displacement.

What I've found on my data is that the DC position moves, which is not possible for something vibrating around a stationary position, indicating offset errors in the data.

TTFN

One easy way is to get the test guys to do it for you if they have the right kit. If you are stuck with analysis I have done this in I-deas. Ncode will probally sort this out as well. Hope this helps.

There is a post processor called lspost ( free download from throw your xy data in there, then you will be able to plot it. Once you have plotted the curve, the software allows you to operate on the curve (like integrate, differenciate etc.). Or you can use excel.

I want to do the three-dimensional analysis of flow in preys for the method of finite elements, but I need help to define the contours conditions. Help me please
thank you
To answer to
skalwaker@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back