Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intel Visual Fortan 11.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NazBaba

Mechanical
May 2, 2011
TR
Hi, I have a laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit. I installed Abaqus 6.10.1 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition.

When I write abaqus info=system in Abaqus Command. There is a message ;

Requirement: Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 9.0 (2008), or 10.0(2010)
Products: Abaqus make utility with C++
Status: Fail- Unable to locate or determine the version of a C++ compiler on this system.......

Requirement: Intel Fortran Compiler 10.1, or 11.1
Products: Abaqus make utility with Fortran and Abaqus with user subroutines
Status: Fail- Unable to locate or determine the version of a C++ compiler on this system....

Now, my questions:

1)I installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, but Abaqus says I don't have Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 9.0 (2008). Why?
2)I am trying to install Fortran 11.1.067. But there is a error: “Error 1311. Source file not found …Setup\Installs\1033\w_cpromkl_ia32_p_10.2.067\Data1.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.” I tried different versions of Intel Visual Fortran 11.1 such as 060, 054 and 048. But I didn’t accompish to install. What can I do?

I want to use umat subroutines abaqus but because of these reasons I couldn’t start my master project. Please help me, I will appreciate you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For your first question you probably haven't set any environment variables telling Abaqus where to find the C++ compiler. You can either do it by adding the directory with vcvars.bat in it to your system path or by running vcvars.bat in a command window before running abaqus.

For the fortran I'm not so sure why its not installing at all. One thing to make sure of is that you've installed the x64 bit compilers and tools when installing visual studio. Its easy to miss doing that as you have to select a custom install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back