Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interfacing 3rd party post processors with NX2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcamsystems

Aerospace
May 13, 2004
GB
I’m currently working on a project to interface NX2 CAM to our Post processing application ICAM Technologies CAM-POST. CAM-POST has a number of included interface kits, but we have written some very advanced Post Processors that require a lot of tooling parameters to be available within the clfile and in a certain order. Out of the box post builder I don’t think will give me what I need, I’ve had a quick look at the post .tcl and .def files and they seem very trick to modify. CATIA uses pptables, which are very easy to modify to flavour the output, which I've have done quite successfully. It would be interesting to talk to anyone who has come across similar issues.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I found that to really make postbuilder work, you have to have a very good understanding of TCL.

One of my problems with UG (and Pro/E) is that to do any customization, you need a computer science degree to do it. When I started using UG, GRIP could do it all and anyone could customize UG. Hopefully, NX3 with its VB language will return UG to the days when anyone can do the customization needed to make the system work for them and not rely on the IT department.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back