Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internal error NX8

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomMtz

Mechanical
May 5, 2010
MX
Friends

Actually I am working with a solid part and when I select "Assing Material" the sofware launch a message "Internal error: memory acces violation".

I restarted the Pc and the problem still appears.

Some one of you know how can I solve this problem?.

Thanks a lot for your time and tips

Tom

NX 8.0.0.25

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Any and all 'memory access violation' errors should be reported immediately to GTAC (note that I don't get this error when I use the 'Assign Material' function with my copy of NX 8.0). Be prepared to provide both the part file and a copy of the syslog from the session where the error occured.

Just so we're all singing from the same hymnal, have you edited or modified your material library file(s) in any manner? Perhaps using an older material file which was modified for an earlier version fo NX?

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
UG/NX Museum:
To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

John

I assigned prevously a material in my model, but today it doesn´t work when I tried to change it.

Let me check with PLM support in my country

Best regards

Tom

NX 8.0.0.25

TomMtz

I have the same problem as you described.

Best regards
Ben
NX 8.0.0.25

TomMtz

Are you using a non English version of windows?

An update to NX8.0.1 will solve the problem.

You will have the same problem with the Reuse Library.

This is not the fist time Siemens has messed up with non English version of windows.

Regards

Mattias

NX5, NX6, NX7.5 and NX8
I-deas 12, NX I-deas6.1m1
Solid Works 2009

If the material "library" , i.e the file containing the material data, doesn't conform to NX expectations, you will receive the "internal error ... " message.
Last week i added a new material to our library and made the mistake to have spaces in the material name, "internal error" . It will also crash if you leave the density value blank on a material.
We are still running the "legacy" material library in NX7.5 since most our materials have been setup in older NX versions.

Make sure that (check the NX syslog) the variables containing the string
"PHYS_MATERIAL" ( without " ) all point to a directory where the files :
"phys_material.dat"
"phys_material.tcl"
exists.

These files exists per default in \nx install directory\ugii\materials\

If you ave modified them, replace the edited with the ootb files and see if you still have the crash.

Hi

I checked this item with my PLM and results that the problem was because I had Windows XP, I Only changed the platform to Windows 7 64 bit and the problem is gone.

Best regards

Tom

NX 8.0.0.25 64bit

Thank for your helps.
Yes, I have non English Win XP
I will install it in new computer.

Regards
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor