Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Intralink and Wildfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdsewell

Mechanical
Jul 21, 2000
US
We're about to install Intralink 3.3 and I'm having problems finding out how Wildfire and Intralink are integrated. I thought I had read somewhere that Ilink could be accessed through Wildfire and therefore didn't need the application manager and seperate workspace windows (like Intralink 2.0 and 2000i which we are currently running). It was mentioned during an install webcast from PTC that the Wildfire startup batch could be modified to start Ilink and WF at the same time (which is what I want) but I can not find anything to tell me how to do this.
Is there a Help, TPI, TAN, How-to that explains this?
Is anyone else running 3.3?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ummm... I'm not sure I understand... It works JUST like it used to with 3.0 - 3.2 and Pro/E 2001... with the added availabity to see Intralink from what was the "Model Tree"...

Install Intralink first... (suprisingly important most times)...

Install Pro/Wildfire... Pointed to Intralink...

ptcsetup for Intralink... Point it to the Pro/E installation...

Done...

In Wildfire there is a Check In option on the file menu.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

True... I guess the point is... once installed... Start up Wildfire and it will imediatly ask you to log into Intralink... thereby starting them both at the same time...

How do you cope with installation, upgrades & other CAD Admin tasks, particularly for Pro/E & Intralink?
Are you a full-time Admin person, or do you do it on top of your regular job?

In preparation for a PTC/User 2004 presentation, I'm trying to get an idea of the experiences of CAD Administrators...
If you deal with installations or upgrades, look at this page:

Thanks
Ed

PS - if you're not the admin person, please pass this info to them.

prohow,
If you're asking me, I am a pro/admin on top of my regular job. What makes this particularly difficult is the individuals who received the most training and were involved in the initial installation (Ilink 2.0, Pro/E 2000i) are no longer here. Since I'm the only one who has taken the initiative to understand the tools I have at my disposal, admin falls to me.
Wildfire is head and shoulders above 2000i, particularly in the installation area. So far it hasn't required the outside consultant to come in and apply the secret handshakes to the software.
Having said that, there are particular areas, such as Ilink integration, that I am fuzzy on.
Thank you gentlemen for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back