Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intralink Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ediushu

Mechanical
Jun 20, 2002
CA
I start a new design of a part, lets call it "part.prt". I am going through let's say 25 iterations until I got to the final design. I want to keep track of all 25 iteration and be able to see them all in my workspace. I am going to assign numbers to these iterations _1,2...25). When I get to the final design (revison 25), I want to change the revision level to A and Relese Level to "Release" and check it in CS. All revison numbers that I have used while I got to the final design in Workspace can be deleted now. I don't need them anymore.

What do I have to do to see all the revision numbers in my workspace and be able to browse through them? Is there any setup that I have to do to get that?
Each time I save, do I have to change the Revision to the next iteration, let's say revision 14 and have the released level WIP and check it in? or there is another way of seeing those iterations (revisions) before I relesed it to CS and assign a letter to Revison?
Thank you!

ediushu

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure how you would do that. I use frame manager to go back in my workspace to see iterations that I have done but if you go back and chage something you will loose everything newer than that iteration.
I guess another way would be to do a save-as each time and give it _1, _2, _3 and then delete them when you pick which one you like.
Look forward to hearing somebody elses remarks.

Let Intralink handle it for you.

Set your revision to 00 for the design. Everytime you check-in to CS, Intralink will increment the version. You will end up with all of your iterations in Intralink. When your design is complete, promote the last iteration and purge the others. You can open any of the other iterations along the way with an explicit checkout of that version.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
"Fixed in the next release" should replace "Product First" as the PTC slogan.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back