Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intralink local.ddb backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

redshirt

Computer
Apr 5, 2005
IT
Hello,
is there a safe way to make a backup copy of all the stuff in .proi including the file local.ddb?

I tried zipping .proi having Intralink open and it seems working properly. Is there a better way?

It happens sometimes that Local.ddb gets corrupted. I read all the tips in this forum and in the PTC Knowledge Base. We followed the all the suggestions but upgrading to 3.3 M022. Corruptions are still happening. Since it seems impossible now to find the exact cause of them (it might be a trigger on check-in we developed) we would to keep backup copies of local files to limit the damage of a corruption.

We use Intralink 3.3 2003290.

Thanks very much for any suggestion.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,
usually the corruption doesn't make Intralink crash. The user gets only a message like "Local database is corrupted" in every operation that involves some workspace object. In some case Intralink crashes as well, but there were a few. In both cases, he could only exit Intralink, delete Local.ddb file, restart Intralink, and re-import all the files he was working on. The idea is that the user could count on a backup of Local.ddb, so he can start from something more than zero, reducing time of re-import.

I know about things fixed in M022. Within a month we will upgrade to that release, hoping that these troubles go away.

Thank you all very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back