Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intralink: Modifying generic instance attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.

timgedney

Mechanical
Jun 16, 2003
US
Just created several parts using a family table. I now have to create the drawing using the generic instance but Intralink won't allow me to modify the attributes of it (or any of the instances.) Doe anybody know how I can modify the attributes the generic?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you already checked the parts into the Commonspace be sure you have the latest files in your Workspace (use Update and/or Sync with Commonspace if necessary), and after that select your files --> Object --> Modify --> Set --> Rev/Release Level/Folder --> Apply --> OK

For Dependency use either Required, or None (and click Update after that) if you don’t want any changes to the other parts.

im4cad
Pro Design Services, Inc.

I'm sorry, I was a bit vague in my problem description... I can assign the commonspace folder, but that is all. I cannot fill in the other fields that are established (these fields are then used by the drawing format).

You should have the format in Intralink, and whenever you start a new drawing, you'll have to fill up all that info. If you want to have some info used as default on your format, you should check out the format, do the changes, and check it back in.

im4cad
Pro Design Services, Inc.

Do you have the problem only with family table models?

Check that the parameters are defined in INTRALINK.
(intralink - administration - object - attributes - object attributes)
Check that the parameters are designated in proe.
(setup - parameters - designate)

Now you should be able to modify the parameters in intralink.

Intralink locks out many attributes/parameters on generic parts/assys. You are usually required to open the generic file and change the attribute/parameter there.
Adding parameters is a different story.
It's often easier, when needing to add parameters to several models, to bring up or crteate an assy dwg referencing these models, create a table, add the paramete(s) to said table, regen and modify the blank spaces.
The parameter(s) will automatically be added to the model(s).

procadman2
Proe Design & Admin
NASA Contractor

"You can't build a reputation on something you haven't done."
H Ford

Up to, and includeing, Intralink 3.2... you have to open the generic into Pro/Engineer to change ANY parameters (attributes)... then you MUST verify all the instances before saving, for the changes to reflect inside of Intralink... Once you have done this... the parameters will be used inside of any drawings...

Note: You must also have every instance and the Generic to make the changes in Pro/Engineer...

This is because Instances are NOT real parts... and though an attribute is just metadata... Intralink requires the Verification of all instances to see the change... so it was forced that you add the attribute change into the generic...

Apparently 3.3 will let you make the attribute change directly... BUT... you still have to end up opening the part and verifying everything... So really... Big Deal...

Hope this helps someone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back