Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

intresting brick lintel installation idea to existing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great, but...

1. Is it available in the US?
2. What is the item cost for the masonry contractor?
3. What is the maximum lintel span/load that can be accommodated?
4. Is the product designed based on a triangular load distribution from the masonry, or a more conservative uniform load distribution?
5. Is there a limit to the masonry wall thickness?
6. How much bearing is needed at each end?

Mike McCann
MMC Engineering

I just liked the idea, other than that I have no idea. and truth be told I don't really care if it is available in the US or not, there is a page with some basis info if for your other questions possibility.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

I guess my problem with it is that I've never had a problem putting lintels into existing walls for new openings. I suppose if you've never had the opportunity to work with old guys who've been around, and then eventually become one of the old guys who's been around, you need someone to do some thinking for you.

RE:
They do look like pretty clean and clever devices. They probably do save some time and effort, even though they are not the only way to do it.

Aren't those all-thread rods acting in compression in some of those photos? How effective is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back