Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Intro, and fetching about aromatizing and disinfecting air machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIRprentice

Mechanical
May 17, 2009
Hello everybody

I’m not exactly a mechanical engineer but and electronics one.
I’ve entering the design and construction of ventilating systems and have an special line for “aromatizing” air machines, and it includes also some disinfecting additives for the same ones.

I would like to know if some of the HVAC engineers here have some experience about it or can point me to one forum that discuss about that. It’s a matter for mechanical but think also for chemical engineers.

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My company produces products that sanitize and correct odor problems in the air. We use UV lights for sanitization and Ozone plates that make the air odor free. Usually only see these products at waste water treatment plants. We sometimes see UV lights at hospitals, but we dont do food grade equipment which would use the UV lights. That is my experience with it.

CB
EngA

nuhvac, would be great to know about your company, since selling and recruiting is forbidden in the forum, is there some way to send a private message or somethink alike?

if not give the company name and phone i'll do the rest by google.com

Sorry for the slow response, my old email crashed and I couldnt get my new email approved. Anyway, I dont see it as promoting or selling. It is just information on an existing product. My company is Engineered Air, and a while back we bought a company called TriMed. TriMed is the company that produces the products that we use in our equipment. You can access the TriMed site through the EngA site, or you can just google them. As to how good they are compared to other companies that do the same thing... I have no idea. They are just a company that does this sort of thing.

both. Since we are a 100% custom manufacturer you must have a mechanical engineering degree to even be in the sales department. I work with MEP engineers and contractors to figure out what they want and need and then do all the designing. But of course then I have to bid it on bid day to get the job and get paid for my work. But I am not trying to sell a product here, because of the involved knowledge we need to be able to do our job it would be pointless.

My local rep is going to be upset he's losing his job. We haven't had an EngA rep with a degree in years. A lot of certified mechanical technologists though.

In case AbbyNormal doesn't mention it, he was with EngA for quite a few years.

I should rephrase, haha, didnt think it would spark debate. New salesmen are now req'd to have a mech degree, but if they are older guys and have been in the industry for a long time and can pass the test then they can be an EngA salesman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back