Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INVERT SELECTION/HIDE SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtleshead

Structural
Aug 28, 2007
US
1. Is there a way to invert a selection

2. Is there a way to hide that inverted selection do "some work" then restore just the elements hidden not globally unhide everything.

3. I have a kind of work around using selection sets but it is rather cumbersome.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Swap visible space - button next to Hide/Show. If you activate a geometric set that is hidden, the tasks performed will appear (due to your geometric set hidden and your in "No Show" space.
Show the items you later want visible, Show the geometric set, swap back to show mode.

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE BUT IT IS NOT QUITE WHAT I WANT TO DO.

I AM AWARE OF THE THE BUTTON YOU SUGGESTED HOWEVER WHAT I WANT TO DO IS FOR INSTANCE SELECT 3 RELEVANT PIECES OF GEOMETRY THEN INVERT THE SELECTION TO SELECT EVERYTHING ELSE THAT IS VISIBLE.

Hi,

There is a CATScript which is doing what you want.

From the on line help:

CAADmuInvertSelection.CATScript is located in the CAAScdDmuUseCases module.

Regards
Fernando

Select the parts you want to show. Then right click - Selection Model-Inversion.

I would try something else....

if you do not use layer for any methodology then may be they can be of some help here...

put your selection on a layer, then filter what is not on this layer. the problem is that by default geometry is not on any layer and cannot be filtered.

So select everything in show put on layer 1

make you selection in show and put on layer 5

Hope this is easier than playing with show/hide/ selection set...

Remember to put everything back on no layer when you're done.

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

COLLAPSING GEOMETRICAL SETS IN TREE

Does anybody know ho.w to collapse all the geometric sets in a part at all levels

F2 collapses the 1st level of the tree however if a branch is re-expanded the Geometrical Sets inside are all expanded if that is the state they were in Prior to hitting F2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back