Inverter Replacement, any effect???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtchufi

Electrical
Oct 3, 2003
MY
Hi Freind,
I've just replace a broken inverter 0.1 Kw 200 V with new inverter 0.4 Kw 200 V. The Inverter is used to drive a small transfer motor 0.1 Kw. I can't find any inverter with the same rate, and I change with the higher rate.For a moment, it looks OK.
My Question is, does any effect for the motor or the inverter for next long time???
Any Suggestion please welcome.
thanks

mtchufi

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No problems. But you should make sure that you have entered the right motor parameters, especially the full speed voltage and frequency, the full load current (or the HP of the motor) so that you get the right operating point and good thermal protection. You probably already have done that.

Suggestion:

Check the built-in Motor Overload Protection capability of the new 4-kW drive will properly protect the 1-kW motor.
(Sometimes they have a limited range of coverage)

If not... add a separate motor thermal overload relay, properly sized to accommodate the 1-kW motor.

The only concern I have encountered with running small motors on a "oversized" inverter is that sometimes the parameters incremental value is too large when setting the OL. This seems to be more of an issue when you get down in the smaller motors, >.1kw. I have had to run .02kw motors on a .4kw drive and have gotten away with it so far.

Barry

I've set the new inverter with exactly same data (the type of the inveter is same, just different power rate), The display of the old inveter is still work, but cannot drive the motor, so I can copy the parameter exactly same.
yes you're rigdht, that whan I try to set the electronic thermal protection parameter to desired value, it is limited to 80% minimum, I need +/- 30% to reach the nearly safe value. I don't put any external thermal protection yet. Thanks, it is an helpful tips.

regards
mtchufi

Suggestion: The larger inverter is somewhat less efficient than the optimally sized inverter. If exaggerated, a 10kW inverter will not even properly run a 100W motor since the 100W may fall within 10kW inverter manufacturing error tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back