Invisible model views in drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristianur

Coastal
Sep 21, 2015
NO
Hi

I'm having problems with model views that turn invisible after they've been checked in to EPDM and then checked out again. I don't know exactly when this happens, but everythig is fine before it's checked in.
The problem is with the "hidden lines visible" and the "hidden lines removed" shading options. With wireframe, Shaded with edges and Shaded without edges, everything looks fine. All annotations and dimensions are still linked properly, the model just doesn't show.

I'm working with multibody parts with a combination of sheet metal and weldments (which I'm starting to think is something to avoid at all cost).

Our tech support was not able to figure it out.

What do you think? Seemed like a graphics driver problem to me, so I tried exporting it to different formats, but it looks just the same.

best regards
Kristian

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What are your system specs? In particular the graphics card & driver. Use the SOLIDWORKS Rx > Diagnostics tool to check.

If you are using an approved nVidia card, try disabling the nView Desktop Manager.

We figured out what was causing it in the end, although I don't know exactly why.

The problem is with parts that are inserted into parts. If I just roll back the model to before the part was inserted, most times it will be okay when I rebuild it.

Kristian,

I've had the same thing happen on my drawings. I created a proper assy file, added my parts, and then add the views to the drawings. However sometimes while working on a drawing, particularly a larger file, one or more views will become blank. I save the dwg, close the file, then reopen it and change the view from hidden lines visible to hidden lines hidden, and back again, and that fixes it. It doesn't appear to happen in my smaller dwgs, though. I don't know why.

Al

For what its worth, I have found that when my views magically disappear, whether in a part or an assembly, if I select the view and change the Display Style from whatever it is to something different, the view magically re-appears. Change it back to its original state and you're good to go... until the next time it disappears. Works for me, every time.

Yes, Same is the case with me,

Some times in big Assy Drawings ISO view go away. rest items keeps as it is, like annotation andd Dimensions etc...

approaches I used
-Just Restart the PC and it will work fine.. I don't know the reason..[ponder]

Asit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back