Irregular square-like feature. Square symbol applicable or not? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wuzhee

Automotive
Jul 12, 2022
DE
Hi,

It's time for me to revisit my old friend, the square symbol. The star shaped bar is a torque-transfer mating interface for a BLDC actuator.
Parallel planes are 7.44 mm at the given distance (there's a measuring section plane not shown). I want to get lazy and not dimension everything. Can I square symbol this, with CF attached? I don't see a problem with it. ASME lacks in giving examples of square like features where this could be applied.

Also, the entire star shape is tapered by 0,5° between planes. How to adress the profile if I want to control the 3D surface not just a section of it? (Theoretically, because I don't want to increase CMM time and quality costs)

DRF picture
SQS1_f1eby5.png

Square tolerancing
SQS2_om7byv.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't like workarounds because of software incapability. My CF symbol is also unorthodox which I also don't like, but sometimes there's no space on the dwg to write CONTINUOUS FEATURE next to every datum/fcf/whateveritcanbeapplied.

"CF symbol is also unorthodox"

I insert a space before and after the CF text before I frame it - then it's shown elongated and looks more like the standard symbol. Even better to do the framing while still inside the text box, selecting the text and two spaces, then it's more compact and less puffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back