Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Chrysler switching to UGNX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's so funny. It just goes to show that we are creatures of habit. I would consider suicide(ha ha) if I was forced to switch to V5 because it lacks freedom.

dewrod,
What is your experience level with each of the two packages you mention? That may help many of us to understand where you are coming from.

"Good to know you got shoes to wear when you find the floor." - [small]Robert Hunter[/small]

I'm just glad folks in this country are being sent to training. I guess it just takes a big employer. Most smaller shops expect you to know it coming in. I got formal training back at UGv14. After that it's been the school of hard knocks to learn every new version. That was 4 employers ago!

Now if we could get more commercial aircraft on board with NX. The trickle down would be excellent!

--
Bill

Is the rumor true or not? Is Chrysler going to NX5 exclusively? Or staying with V5 in some areas and NX5 in others? Or none of the above.

I'm not so much concerned about the pros and cons of NX5 vs V5 in this thread. :)

Thanks

Of course reading other financial pages, will Chrysler even survive now that Fiat is losing money, too. Chrysler sold less than 70K cars in September.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Heard this decision was made a while ago but only a PDM decision to go Teamcenter. Maybe Chrysler finally had enough of the Catia V4 to V5 to V6 data migration problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back