Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it not possible to add Full triangle(uni, double,triple) surface finish symbols in NX cad? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

imti7

Mechanical
Jul 19, 2023
IN
I want to add full triangles like shown below there in the drawing, if there is indirect methods, Please let me know, Im using NX 12.0

Screenshot_2023-07-20_123625_kwubme.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

These should be available in all standards, as of my experience these r most used in metric standards like in japan n india, i do desgins for japanese company thus i use ISO standards as its support metric standards, my company unfortunately shifted from soldiworks to NX , i'm facing so many new things!!, But i appreciate NX , it has great commands than solidworks for sure

Hi, dear nicoletto

thank you for advice to get symbol but can you please tell me how to rotate it for required angle(note text) because in some cases i have to place that symbol vertically as you can see in the image below.

Screenshot_2023-07-21_172317_mqnahm.png

I can't see a lettering angle when i choose leader terminating point type as a 'Flag', and i must choose flag type to attach my triangles to the dimension lines as you can see in the images below
please help me with this thanks

Screenshot_2023-07-22_092811_g2uucl.png
Screenshot_2023-07-22_092932_dohec0.png

Guys, FYI

I have used creation of custom symbol method in drafting tools, that solved my adding roughness traingle formula and adding some other symbols too, that's a great option in NX actually

Thanks,
imtiyaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back