Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Is it possible to disable mouse-wheel spec tree scrolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Configurator

Sep 11, 2004
US
I usually use V5 with a three-button mouse. Occasionally, though, I have to go into a conference room and present models on boxes with 2+wheel mice.

It's fairly annoying because if you even slightly scroll the wheel up or down while pushing it down (to zoom, pan, rotate, center geometry, etc.) the spec tree moves up or down.

I've asked a few of my contacts from Dassault Systemes, and they say "no," but I'll ask here too. Is there a way to diable the mouse wheel in V5? I don't want to turn off the wheel in Windows, and I don't want to disable all tree-manipulation, I only want the wheel to not scroll the tree.

I'm pretty sure there is no CATSetting for this, but is there an environment variable anyone knows of?

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you go into the Mouse Driver panel, you may be able to disable it there. Just make sure you set it back, so the next user in the Conference Room can use it if they need to.

hey, i had the same problem, i couldnt use the 3-button functions that allow to zoom, unzoom, rotate, and pan...

...i happened to be using a logitech mouse, and it had some specific software installed, i just uninstalled that software, and it works like a champ ever since...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back