Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is *MAT_059: MAT_COMPOSITE_FAILURE_SHELL_MODEL applicable to TSHELL element in LS-DYNA? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyzhang

Civil/Environmental
Dec 29, 2021
US
Does anyone know whether we can use MAT_059 with TSHELL element in ls-dyna? I saw an introduction slide saying that MAT_059 is compatible with shell,tshell and solid elements. However, I have tried both two types of MAT_059 with TSHELL element and the solver always told me that the section type (SECTION_TSHELL) is incompatible with MAT_059. Does anyone know this? Thanks!
WeChat_Image_20220528000750_ehxqpd.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not familiar with Ls-Dyna. So here are my general comments. Could you check what all input is required for the section definition of MAT_059?

You can find lot of information in LS-DYNA Manual R13.0 Vol I and Vol II. E.g. Vol-II, Section MAT-059

Thanks for your comment. I have tried mat059 with shell elements and it worked. So the conclusion is that it can only work with shell elements, not tshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back