Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Is net zero possible for first world cities with current tech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's correct Josh... but they've pulled many millions of people out of poverty in the last 50 years, too. They are slowly evolving. It's a good thing that they and India aren't at the same carbon, per capita, footprint level as other countries.

Clipboard01_fly6bs.jpg

So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

is that chart produced by the Chinese government ?

"Hoffen wir mal, dass alles gut geht !"
General Paulus, Nov 1942, outside Stalingrad after the launch of Operation Uranus.

Thanks, I didn't know that... I thought the world bank was a pretty good source; it seems they have been corrupted. Another article from Brookings

china has still done a great job... maybe not as great as I thought, but great nonetheless. [pipe]

So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

I guess we just have to wait and see what happens... can't believe anyone these days... does that include governments, too?

-Dik

Governments should get the highest level of scrutiny. You can't shop around for a new one when it doesn't perform well. There is no accountability for failed policies, especially when officials can post date policies to begin after their terms (Newsom and his gas engine ban).

Maybe it's the government interference? Just because some of the sources are bad, doesn't negate climate change. It's happening whether anyone is hyping it... and can be just as ugly as it gets.

-Dik

I repeat, think tanks are bad. They serve no purpose other than to make money without actually providing a service. The trouble today is that our click bait media loves to publish their hot air.

Nothing bad is happening. We have generations to adapt to this problem. Your side refuses to adapt. Your side is going to cause bad things to happen.

why are climate scientists calling for reparations ?

good question indeed. when did reparations fall within the remit of scientists ??

"just the facts, ma'am"

clearly shows the politicalisation of climate science.

"Hoffen wir mal, dass alles gut geht !"
General Paulus, Nov 1942, outside Stalingrad after the launch of Operation Uranus.

"Third world country wants more money". How is this a headline? Why do you feel obligated to share such a silly article?

For the damage done by the First World Countries? They are trashing the world, including the 3rd world countries for their personal gain, I suspect... [ponder]

-Dik

The third world wouldn't know they were damaged if it weren't for us telling them they are. This is an attempt to get first world money in to the third world where it has no oversight so it can be funneled back into the pockets of first world entrepreneurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back