Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a way to set paths or links somehow from a parts location to a part within an assembly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deduncan

Industrial
Apr 22, 2015
IE
In Creo 2.0 is there a way to set paths or links somehow from a parts location to a part within an assembly. So when you open the assembly without all the parts in the folder they won't fail and you don't have to manually replace them?

Say we have loads of general parts that are in multiple assemblies, and want to keep them in the one folder.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are two config options that have been in every release of Pro/E(Creo) for at least a couple of decades:

search_path

search_path_file

The first will add the path to one directory. You can add additional search paths on separate lines, they will be searched in the order added. search_path_file will load a file that contains nothing but additional search paths.

I never bother with the search_path_file. I put common folder search_paths in the load point config.pro. Then if a project folder needs some additional files from another folder I put the extra search_paths in that working directory config.pro. We always load the working directory config.pro file when we change to it at the start of a session, that way Pro/E always finds all the files.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back