Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Is there an easier way to selecting all interior/exterior surfaces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WH74

Mechanical
Jan 9, 2008
US
Is there an alternate way of selecting all the interior/exterior surfaces of model then manually selecting them? I know other fea packages would had ways of doing this. Boxing in helps a little but not to much when you have most of surfaces selected.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am trying to analysis a roto-molded tank to see how it will stand up under vacuum. its just a pain to select all the surfaces one at a time.

I did not see the option for selecting tangent surfaces. I am aware Ansys has that feature. I will have to look closer.

As for what surface to apply loads to. I thought of that but used the interior surfaces so reports would look a little more understandable to the not so sharp. And because it's a little more accurate as the surface area is less on the interior and the shape is a little different. yeah they are all small variations and well within the range of information i am looking to get out of the results.

You could create a zero offset surface of your vessel on either the inside or outside face and analyze that. This might be easier than defining the faces in Simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back