Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there any one using LS Dyna for crash analysis here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDM84

Automotive
Oct 13, 2011
GB
Hello everyone,

I am using aluminium honeycomb as material for crash analysis. But I am using MAT_024: MAT_PIECESEWISE_LINEAR_PLASTICITY model for this purpose. Does anyone have any idea of how to obtain LCB, LCC plots? (strong axis hardening stress as a function of volumetric strain)
and values such as EAAU,EBBU,ECCU and GABU,GBCU,GCAU?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

DDM84 - There are a lot of helpful papers out there. I did a quick search and although the paper uses MAT_HONEYCOMB, I think that Reference 8 could be beneficial.

I have to say that in the past when I was using LS-DYNA, I was part of a team of people and I had a lot of material characterization help, but that was my working experience. I would also say that having some kind of mentor role in the explicit dynamics field would be essential - I certainly would have been lost without it. I've been out of that field for long enough that the best I can offer you is above. Good luck.

When the future's architectured
By a carnival of idiots on show
You'd better lie low

Hello Jetgirl8

Many thanks for the email. Unfortunately I don't have any mentoring for me in this company. They just provided me traning of LS Dyna but I m studying previous models and improving myself but finding material properties for Honeycomb is really tough job at this moment I trying to figure some ways for me.
But thanks for your advice and link what you provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back