Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there anyone analyse geotechnical problems with ANSYS software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukecser

Geotechnical
Dec 30, 2002
CN
I am a engineer in geotechnology, I wish to communicate with somenoe who are interesting in ANSYS software, and use it to solve geolotechnical prombles. If you have any experience in this filed, please tell me(us).
Anyway thanx a lot.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've tried ANSYS educational edition 5.3 when I was doing my master degree in a two dimensional road pavement model having a geosynthetics layer. Our aim was to see if a geosynthetics layer is going to reduce the settlement of overlying layers. Now we have the latest version of it (release 7.0). We can argue your problem if you like ? Eris Uygar

I did my MSc at Bolton Institute in the UK and we used ANSYS for settlement and Flow Net type problems. I don't use it now but they possibly still teach it. The website address is and the head of civil engineering courses is at sam1@bolton.ac.uk.

The guy teaching the ANSYS module was also responsible for teaching maths - I'm afriad I've forgotten his name but he was very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back