Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISCST3 model 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spotana

Civil/Environmental
May 21, 2004
US
Hai all,
iam sandy and i want to know the max. H2S fenceline concentration (30 min average)for a Natural Gas processing Facility using ISCST3(Industrial Source Complex Short Term dispersion model.)
Iam totally ignorant of the model.
Can anyone please suggest me as how i can go about with it.
what are the parameters needed??

Thanks
sandy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Sandy,

I'm relatively new to ISC dispersion modeling, but I would recommend using the ISC-AERMOD software from Lakes Environmental. It's fairly easy to use if you have the right data. If that software is too expensive, maybe you can download the HARP software found on the California ARB Website.

It would be helpful if you knew the stack height/diameter, emission rate, temperature, exit velocity. If you don't have this information available, you might be able to make some assumptions?

You will also need meterology data and depending on the detail required, elevation data (USGS), and maybe a shape file (GIS).

If you have to determine building wake effects, you'll also need the dimensions of buildings on site (height, width, length).

Lastly, if you are performing modeling for regulatory requirements, you might want to check with your local air quality board/district for the default settings.

Hopefully, this is enough information to get you started.

Everest

Sandy:

With all due respect for the helpful information that you were given by Everest ... if you have no experience in air pollution dispersion modeling, the best advice anyone can give you is to retain the services of an experienced air dispersion modeler. Don't try it yourself!

Would you let someone with no experience design a bridge across San Francisco Bay? I don't think so! Then how can you even think of trying to use the ISC model when you are, in your own words, "totally ignorant of the model"?

Milton Beychok
mbeychok@xxx.net (replace xxx with cox)
(Visit me at www.air-dispersion.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back