Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISO GD&T question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorgenf

Mechanical
Feb 13, 2018
NO
Hi, i have a question regarding concentricity i hope some of you can help me with, i use ISO GD&T

I want 2 concentric circles to have be be toleranced concentric to eachother, to make sure they have the same center according to eachother. How shall this be illustrated? I have atteched a drawing of my idea of it, but the lead engineer disagrees. He says that using this method,there is no established centerpoint, so only one diameter can be toleranced, since the other establishes the centerpoint. But then one of the diameters doesnt have a tolerance, right?

Also shall some of the dimensions then be set as Theoretical exact dimension (TED) if i use general dimensions overall?.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=37df407b-64c8-404f-9514-b3368ccc09e7&file=Part1.JPG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

pmarc:

I really appreciate your response. My confidence with ISO improves as I follow this forum. I will be more reserved when I respond to ISO questions so I don't mislead the OP with false information. I also realize you must try to measure the knowledge of the OP from the content of the questions so you don't talk past them and add more confusion.

Certified Sr. GD&T Professional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back