Isolate Geometry

Status
Not open for further replies.

catiaUSR

Aerospace
Apr 9, 2014
US
Hola

I have a plane that was created referencing upstream geometry. I would like to fix this plane in space and remove references to parent geometry. I believe for a surface I can Copy Geom from withing the same part. What is the best way to do this for a plane? In Catia this can be done using 'isolate' command. In NX I can't remember, but it's possible.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It has to reference SOMETHING. The easiest thing to do might be to create a plane in the same location and located it based on the earliest datum geometry, either the first 3 planes or a coordinate system. Then reroute all the references to the original plane to the new plane. Alternately, you could redefine the original plane the same way. Nothing in Pro/E is just hanging in space except imported geometry (STEP, IGS, etc.) and I don't think that ever includes planes.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Sure, that's effectively what isolate in Catia does; it deletes the link between the surface/plane and it's parent and then fixes it in space - by referencing the internal csys of the part. It sounds like, dg, you're saying that if this is a plane I could maybe take some measurements (angle and offset) from each default plane and then create a new one based on those dims. Good work around for a one-off maybe but not great to do multiple times :( . A skeleton as in a regular copy geom, Kor? That will update whenever I regenerate the part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back