Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Isometric section cut 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATPart

Automotive
Jun 12, 2006
NO
Hi,

I would like to make section cut on the isometric view, like the one seen on the picture, which is made with Pro/E.

In V5 I don't know how to define section plane that I want?

Iso_cut.gif

Rgds,
Damir

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can do this by cutting the piece in the assembly or part workbenches and then doing an isometric view of it. Once you have it in the drafting bench, you can isolate the view and undo the section cut (on the part or assembly bench), so you don't get problems with any other view that needs to be updated...

You can use Breakout view command at front view for instance, then "transfer" breakout to isometric view. (use contextual menu over front view MB3>Front view Object>Apply Breakout to ... select the isometric view or another one).

After apply breakout view to isometric you can remove breakout from Front View or delete it.

Sorry for my Bad English

Sparck

I agree that it was a nice video, Catiatrain! Worthy of a star.

What software did you use to make it?

(although it didn't address the question posted)

Jackk / Thixoguy

Thanks for complements.

I used Ignite to create the tutorial. It is free a free download when you create a free account at
I created the tutorial in about 10min and I am not kidding.

Try it out it is easy.

As for the Question, what exactly do think he is asking?

Regards,

CATIATRAIN

Thanks for the info on Ignitecast - I'll have to give it a try. You've definitly provided a good example of how-to videos.

I think CATPart was asking about sectioning a 3D view directly on a drawing. I believe Sparck provided a good solution that should update with any part changes.

Thanks guys, this IgniteCAST is fantastic tool and above all is free... maybe in future all posts will be done by small video tutorials.

The solution from Sparck was exactly what I was searching.

Rgds,
Damir

CATPart there is a way to make a view like you show. I guess you want it on a drawing.

1-Create a front view of the part normal to the future breakout view
2-Create the breakout section
3-Create a ISO view like the one you show
4-Right click on the borders of the first front view and choose "front view object" --> "apply breakout to" and pick the ISO view
5-Hide or move the front view

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back