Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Isoparms and Intersections O my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasticFantastic

Mechanical
Aug 28, 2003
US
I just realized that there are two commands in the sketch toolbar options called face curves and intersection curves. Hurray! Has this feature been here all the while or is it an addition in SWX 2004?

These two commands open up surfacing options and REALLY help with 3D sketches. I played around with them this morning and immediately found it useful in a file that I was struggiling with. Are there any other commands like this for surfacing. Is it possible to view the isoparm curves of the wireframe (ala surfacing programs like Alias and Rhino) in wireframe mode?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

These features have been there since SW2001Plus, I think. They aren't new additions of SW2004.

I hope it can helps.

Marcelo Hendler

Kind of reminds me of the day I discovered the "Convert Entities" command....what a day that was... :) its probably one of my favourite [profile]

A suggestion. I have been in the 3D CAD business one way or another since 1979 using, selling, programming, supporting, training, selecting, etc. with many different systems. What I do to start checking out a new system is get out a lawnchair and a suitable beverage (if it's summer - but you get the picture) and settle down to read the manuals cover to cover. That way your brain is exposed to every command and concept and you get a good idea of the overall concepts and capabilities. Then when you need to do something - sure you will need to look it up, but there will be some recollection floating round in the back of your mind to point you in the right direction. I always do this with new revisions as well.

Be naughty - save Santa a trip.

Since SW doesn't ship manuals anymore, you'll have to settle for the Help>Index.

[hammer]

But good advice as I do the same.

Ray Reynolds
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977
Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

There is more out there than just the Help/index.

1) SW has a Knowledge base to look up particular questions.
2) There are links in our FAQ to help point us to other peoples site that provide information and tips on How to's. There are probably some links form their's as well.
faq559-520
3) Our FAQ in general - Lots of good stuff in there now.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [borg2]
CSWP.jpg

faq731-376

JNR
Read the manuals????......Shame on you.....Red Green & the guys at Possum Lake will disown you.[bigsmile][bigsmile][bigsmile]

[cheers]
CorBlimeyLimey
Barrie, Ontario
faq559-863

The most useful function of the manual is to level your desk.
RTFM-41
Crashj

CBL ... while this is true, Red Green is also an idiot. A very funny idiot, but an idiot no less..... And his ideas are half @$$ed cluges and mostly failures.... maybe he should have read the manuals.... Great program though - love it!

SnowCrash .... I assume you are being sarcastic ;-), if not it could explain why you post so many questions on this forum...... ouch! just kidding (I hope).

A cover-to-cover read if the instructions can actually be very interesting and informative.

I was - and he did. So at least I didn't get coal.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back