Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[issue] System ill-conditionned at node xxx / Model too long to run compared to what it should

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImKass

Civil/Environmental
Jun 16, 2021
FR
Good afternoon everyone,

I'm encountering 2 issues on EPANET 2.2 i'm stuck on. I'm sure it is both dumb ones, but my brain doesn't seem to figure out what they are, that's why i'm looking for your help ^^

FIRST ISSUE:
I've got a water system covering about 10 villages. I made 4 copies of it in order to differentiate the parameters i'm measuring in order to not forget one :
- CVM Gas measurement​
Named : Modele_CCLP_CVM
- Free Chlore​
Named : Modele_CCLP_Chlore libre
- Hydraulic diagnostic (for min/max pressure, max velocity and max headloss)​
Named Modele_CCLP_Diagnostic hydraulique
- Age (the time that the water spend inside the pipes before reaching its destination)​
Named : Modele_CCLP_Temps de séjour

The CVM model works fine, but all the others are stopping right in the beginning (like 1h in), saying my "system is ill-conditioned at node J3483" and then all my reservoirs close
I'm sure my error might be dumb, but i need some strangers eye to have a look into it !

SECOND ISSUE

my second issue is on another model, that takes too long to run compared to other copies of it.
The same way as the first issue, iv'e got copies of the same model, but calculating different parameters.
The issue is, while 3 models run in an instant the last one, named "Modele_ChatelaudrunPlouagatPlelo_Temps de séjour" takes forever to run ^^

The .zip i uploaded contains both issues, with the exemples that doesn't have issues, and all configuration files (calibration, pattern, curves, etc...)
The First issue concerns the CCLP folder and the second one concerns the Chatelaudren-Plouagat-Plélo floder

i'm sure my issues are from dumb mistakes, but i can't figure them out ^^

I hope my explanations are clear, as it isn't my mother tongue ^^

I thank you very much in advance,

Imkass

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=bdb07740-1525-406a-888a-2a3c09f22e56&file=05_Modélisation.zip
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well telling us which analysis program you're using might help?

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

I don't have time to look at your model this week, but I have helped other people here deal with "ill-conditioned" systems. Here are links to two threads where this was an issue: and Perhaps some of my comments there will be helpful to you.

You might also search this site for other threads about EPANET and see what other people had to say about these types of problems.

============
"Is it the only lesson of history that mankind is unteachable?"
--Winston S. Churchill

I didn't had a lot of time to take a look at it much further, so i didn't find the issues yet.
I checked the two threads and didn't find errors that could be corrected by your suggestions yet. i'll might spend a bit more time later this week to search further

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back