issue with calculating the radial strenth of stent 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dharmendra_Tyagi

Mechanical
Nov 25, 2022
IN
Hello all,
I am trying to simulate my stent geometry using ABAQUS/Standard. For this, I use 2-step (crimping and expansion) along with an amplitude ranging from 0 to 1 and again back to 0. I have also used two cylinders, one outside the geometry and another one inside, for simulating the crimping and expansion behavior of the stent.
My simulation was completed successfully; now I want to calculate the radial strength of my stent geometry. Please guide me on the steps (along with the abaqus parameters) that are required for calculating the radial strength.
For my simulation, when I try to plot RF, it shows a 0 value.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

According to research papers, radial strength of a stent is defined as the radial pressure at which irrecoverable deformation of the stent occurs. So you would need a plot of radial pressure vs diameter. Check the article "A computational study of crimping and expansion of bioresorbable polymeric stents" by T.Y. Qiu et al.

How do you read that reaction force ?

Yes, I have read this article and am also trying to follow it. But i am unable as i did not know how can I extract the pressure data from my simulation.
As, when i try to extract the pressure (under stress section; S Pressure), there are more than one entries for each node. and when i try to use Centroid pressure data, I got the data but i have another issue of contact area. and according to this literature when i try to proceed further using area as pi*D*L, my radial force/ radial pressure trend is different than the plot as mentioned in literature.
If you have did this type of post processing, i am requesting you to please manage just a little time to guide me on a virtual meet using google meet link.
Please help me, as its bee around 3 months, i am still sticking on this problem.

i have checked the reaction force in field outut section ( RT) and select the nodes on outer surface of stent. then i just try to plot and realise that that for all the nodes RF is zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back