Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ITAR statement on drawing title block - USA Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revelation19

Mechanical
Nov 26, 2002
US
I am working at a small company which does engineering design and testing for many different clients. Lately we have had a few contracts that were covered under the ITAR rules of the US Government. AS it stands right now, we are stamping our drawings with a red ink stamp that says "ITAR Restricted" but it seems to me that there ought to be:

a.) a more extensive statement, and
b.) something incorporated into the title block (so it appears on every drawing we (or others) print without having to remember the stamp.)

Without trying to pry into others proprietary information, can anyone give me either the text they are using or a link to a site or the section of the specs which provide this text?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What MCAD are you using?

Also, I think that this is covered or referenced in Y14.100 or DOD 100. I'll have to check them when I get home this evening.

I've seen some prints in my other life that just have a reference in the general notes to ITAR. Something like... "this data/document contains information that is governed by ITAR etc"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back