Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JIC fitting dimensions needed & tooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

onestout

Mechanical
Jul 11, 2003
US
I sourced out a hydraulic manifold that we need and it came back with the incorrect "flares" for the fittings. We use a -3 and -4 45degree JIC. Does anyone have a dimensioned sheet that I could use to check our parts from and does anyone also know where I can get tooling to produce the female end in my manifold. I don't deal with fittings to often so I'm pretty green with this and any help will be appreciated. Thank You.

Michael

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For flared fittings, my favorite source is Parker fluid connectors. Go to then click on their fluid connector page. I believe most of these catalogs have a dimension sheet associated. They're a pretty good source for all fluid connectors, and with some looking, you can probably find a way to adapt to what you have (I've always been able to). Also, if you haven't already found it, SAE J514 covers tube fittings, and is a pretty good resource as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back