Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Job file not writting section information

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBwts

Mechanical
Nov 4, 2012
GB
If I run the jobs from within CAE I get no errors but when I create a job & write out the *.inp file & then run the jobs as part of a batch none of the section assignments appear to have been written ti the input files.

Anyone else come across this?

The section assignments are there in the *.cae file & like I said this isnt an issue if run within CAE whilst the *.cae file is open.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's weird. Even if you submit a job within CAE, the input deck (*.inp) is generated and it is processed by the solver. So, if the *.inp is working within CAE, it should work outside of CAE.

OK so now some of them arent working in CAE either.

I'm at a loss. There appears to be no consistency as to which will fail & which will solve.

In every case of failure though the *.inp files are being written without the section assignments which are present in the *.cae files

Yes sure. I have just run 2 models. The only difference between the models is that I changed the position of the reference point through which the loading force travels. Everything else is the same. First model ran with no errors the second failed

Typical error message:

"1179531 elements have missing property definitions. The elements have been identified in element set ErrElemMissingSection.

Analysis Input File Processor exited with an error."

Thats all the elements in the model.

forEngTips_hqgely.png

Unfortunately I'm not at liberty to share the models.

No. I mean can you share what kind of parts and sections you are using?

If you are using a solid part, it has to have a solid section assignment. If you assign an incorrect section to a geometry, it might give you an error.

I'm not changing the mesh in any way. The only things changed that are the coordinates of a reference point on one of the parts, after which the model is regenerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back