Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

joining and extending line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

alkemixt

Aerospace
Jan 20, 2006
US
How do you join a bunch of line segments into 1 line, and can you also extend line in sketch?

thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I tried the trim command and i didn't know it did that..:)

but where is the join command? could you be more specific?

thank you.

I assume that you are creating 2 different sketches which are containing lines

lets say , there are 2 sketches , and you want to join them , go to the generative shape design workbench and then choose insert + operations+ join choose the sketches from the tree ...then press ok.

and then if you make any changes just go to your sketch. apply the changes. it will update automatically .

That's a great tip..thank you.

But I was just asking for simple operation to connect broken line, so the opposite function of break line.

thank you

Type "C:join" in the white box in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Once the function is activated, look to see which icon lights up - or look for "join" in your help documents.

Trim is used to extend a line, which is preferable to joining, assuming that you're not joining into a polyline. (for clarification of what I meant earlier)

---
Professional and reliable CAD design engineering services - Specializing in Catia V4, Catia V5, and CAD Translation. Catia V5 resources - CATBlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back