Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Jon Hirschtick and the movie 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcsuper

Mechanical
Apr 20, 2006
US
I didn’t realize what I was hearing when I witnessed Vic Leventhal’s presentation at the Tri-Valley SolidWorks User Group (T-VSWUG) kick-off meeting. He made a comment about Jon Hirschtick (co-founder of SolidWorks) and the movie 21 almost in passing.

RockSolid Persepctives has a recent article goes into how Jon Hirschtick was apart of the MIT Blackjack project that the movie 21 is about; and the T-VSWUG meeting with Vic Leventhal's comments was kinda in the middle of recent buzz in the SolidWorks community. What makes this post so awesome is that there is a reply reportedly by Jon himself about the matter: RockSolid Article

(My full article about this event is here)

Matt Lorono
CAD Engineer/ECN Analyst
Silicon Valley, CA
Lorono's SolidWorks Resources
Co-moderator of Solidworks Yahoo! Group
and Mechnical.Engineering Yahoo! Group

This was all out in the open many many months ago. There was a show that aired on the History Channel called "Breaking Vegas" if I remember correctly. Jon actually did some personal interviews for it as well and it explained a lot of things.

Kevin Carpenter
CAD Systems Administrator
Invacare Corp.
SW2K7SP5/STV5R18SP2

Good find Cor...I couldn't remember exactly the network. But as Cor has stated, back as late as March of 2007 it was known he was a member of the MIT team. You are also right fcs. He never made comments during these episodes related to his affiliation with SW, only lately in a blog due to the movie release. In my eyes it's like old new.

Kevin Carpenter
Invacare Corp.
SW2K7SP5/STV5R18SP2

I'm good with that! [2thumbsup]

Kevin Carpenter
Invacare Corp.
SW2K7SP5/STV5R18SP2

Its funny, I am both an avid user of SolidWorks and an avid player of blackjack and I didn't know about this until I read it on a blackjack message board shortly after the movie came out.

-Dustin
Professional Engineer
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back