Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Jordanian Wind Design 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FisherStruct

Structural
Apr 7, 2003
US
I am working on several projects in the country of Jordan and I am trying to determine some wind load criteria for the areas of Yajooz, Zarqa, and Aqaba. If anyone has any wind design criteria information for these areas or any ideas on how I can get this design criteria information, I would really appreciate it. Thank you...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I consulted my Military Hand Book on loads (MIL-HDBK-1002/2A dated 15 OCTOBER 1996). I could not find Jordan per se. However, I found near by country of Saudi Arabia. The recommend wind speeds for Saudi Arabia 81 MPH (36 m/s). Also Aqaba is on the Red Sea and wind loads there may be little higher. Zarga is near Amman and so is Yajooz. All of these regions are mountainous to hilly.

Keep in mind that Jordan is in an active seismic region.

Good luck.

You might try the Building Research Establishment in the UK.(check Google for their web site). I know they have a lot of data for the Middle East

The Jordan "Loadings and Forces Code" clause 4/5/3_B says (The basic wind speed is 35 m/s (126 km/h) coming from any howizontal direction to be used in all the region on the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, until other exact information presented (wind speed chapter in JORDAN CODE is the same as CP3).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back