Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Journal/GRIP/macro to input part attribute to entire folder of parts???

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBow

Mechanical
Oct 5, 2015
US
Anybody know a way to run a program that would automatically input an attribute into each part in a selected folder?

We have a bunch of legacy files of purchased clamps and other components that is shared, and every time we use them we have to input the attribute in for the BOM. We can slowly keep adding them as we open/use the components but was wondering if there was a way to do this quickly all at one shot?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Wow thanks for the quick response, it looks like it is exactly what I'm asking about. I'll give it a try.

Is there a slight modification to that text to save the file when it closes it?
Seemingly it works, I can run it, and set an attribute and then make a dim call it back and write it into a window, but then when I open the part it is no longer in the part file properties. I'm assuming it is closing the part without saving since the original journal was only pulling information out?

Not to hijack, but i was looking for something like this for awhile. I saw it on NXjournaling some time ago, but wasn't able to modify it to do anything.
I cannot code.

Can this journal be merged or altered to incorporate something like this one?
I've tried to edit this one as well to my own needs, but it just fails. The 4 attributes would work great for my needs, Weight is not required. I just want to rename them

I found a way to save the part file, now I just need to understand how to assign a material from a material list other than the standard NX. I've made a site list but don't know how to reference it. I've found some code that sets the material, but it only uses the stock NX list, and I'm too dumb to know how to change it.

robnewcomb, I can't help you there, I'm a hack programmer, I know enough only to find code, sometimes merge them together (if its simple) and do easy modifications.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back