Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Journal to replace file attribute titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

hermhart

Automotive
Sep 28, 2004
US
Is there a way to use a VB journal to replace attribute titles? I have a journal already that will go through a directory of files and add, delete, etc. to file attributes, but if I need to change the titles of one or more of the attributes, I don't have a way to do this. Does anyone have a script that does such a thing?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't believe that you can rename an attribute.

Instead delete it and create a new one.

Everything references the attribute by it's name so this is appropriate.

Paul

Paul Turner
CAD & Process Engineer
Mastip Technology

Any way with a Journal to read an attribute, create a new one with the same value but different title, then remove the old title and it's value and be able to repeat that if necessary on multiple attributes?

hermhart said:
Any way with a Journal to read an attribute, create a new one with the same value but different title, then remove the old title and it's value and be able to repeat that if necessary on multiple attributes?

Yes, that's possible. However, if any of the existing attributes are linked to notes, expressions, other attributes, etc, these links will be broken.

What version of NX are you using?

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back